Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Corn and potato paratha


Hello everyone! I guess you must be wondering whats cooking today! Well, as the title suggests I would be showing you my latest experiment with corn and potato. My blogging friend Kalyani at Sizzling Tastebuds is hosting event Magic Mingle which consists of two main ingredients. I  wanted to participate but after knowing combo of wheat and corn I gave up as I had absolutely no clue what to make. My friend Hema encouraged me to try something and while talking to her I thought ok why not try this. Believe me, this was my first attempt at this combo. And end result was my son who loves all types of food loved it too much. So without further ado lets begin.


Ingredients:

2 cups wheat flour

2 tbsp ghee or oil

salt to taste 

water to make dough.

Filling:

1/2 cup sweet corn

2-3 boiled potatoes

2 green chillies cut in small pieces

1/2tsp  amchur powder

1/2 tsp  coriander or dhaniya powder

1/2 tsp  red chilli powder

1/4tsp garam masala powder

salt to taste

few coriander leaves cut


Method:

Make  paratha dough in pot mixing flour salt oil and slowly adding water. Make it bit soft. Keep it aside.

For filling first boil corn, let it cook and mash it roughly. Add potatoes and other masalas with coriander leaves and mash them all properly. 

Make small balls of atta. Here its bit tricky so I suggest make small balls and make two chapatis out of each ball. On one chapati add the filling and cover it with other chapati sealing the edges. Slightly roll out a bit more. Make all parathas same way.  

On a tawa  roast paratha in usual way till both sides are done.

Enjoy corn potato paratha with dahi, chutney or sauce.  I added potatoes so the corn would stick and not fall off.

Let me know what you think of this or could I have bettered this even more?



23 comments:

  1. Thanks Chatter once again for one more of your tasty recipes. Corn potato paratha feels more tempting than the simple ones. Would definately try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you gauri.. yes pls do try and see the difference in taste

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this recipe Meena!! Though did Aloo Paratha but never heard of this. will try this once, ur recipes are always a treat for me :).

    Do u know any recipes with whole wheat oats? i'm trying to find it in net but not a good one. i know that we can make upma out of it ;) or we can powder it and add in the wheat floor to make chapatis; but still any other tasty specials? i know they won't taste well at all x-(.

    do let me know if any. and thanks for the PM :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you swetha. hehe i had never made this before but thought let me try and see how it comes out. and about oats i have asked a friend would let you know soon

      Delete
  3. Nice one again., :) looks great.. n tasty.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful parathas..thanx for linking it to my event :)

    Join the Just "4" Fun event :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you sobha i had been thinking what to send and i did want to participate

      Delete
  5. Wow, you did it at last. I couldn't da.

    Congratulations you have been given 2 awards. Please collect them here.
    Awards for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hema thanks for the award and its first time for me. would put post on it soon
      and ya thanks to u i got the idea what to make hehe

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hello Priya

      thanks for the visit and your valuable comment
      keep visiting for more and feel free to check out other posts

      Delete
  7. this parata is really new 2 me......vl try this..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you maha. it was new experience for me too. do try it you would love it

      Delete
  8. Again new healthy combo!!!!Thanks for this new recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. kya baat hain....mere muh mein to pani aagaya ekdum se...so yummy. Kab khilaoge aap :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looooookks yummmy Di... I love potatoes nd corn...

    Im gonna try out fr sure!! or tell mum to make it :)

    Thnk u fr the recipe di.. I have noted down

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummmm this sounds so innovative and nice. Its weekend and I know what to cook for breakfast tomorrow :) Chatter, Thank you so much for sharing such a healthy and tasty recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmmm seemsssss delicious. We normally make bhajiyas of corn, or keese . But if ever I got chance I will try it and let u know how it came!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very nice combo and tasty, healthy meena..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your valuable comments. Each of your comments keeps me motivated to write more.However,please leave your name when you comment as anonymous commentator would remain anonymous and chances are that comment may not be published :)Thank you so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Posts

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites