Hello all! Today I would share with you something which was my very first attempt at any real baking. Chocolate brownies recipe is taken ,inspired and learnt fine details from Kavi @ Foodomania.
Ever since I bought my microwave oven I was inspired and tempted to try out things and this was the first in list to bake a cake. Brownies to me is almost a cake. I am copying the ingredients which Kavi has showed in her post Nutty chocolate brownies. Her oven and mine is same so I could try it out and if stuck can seek her help in exact settings. So this post is dedicated to Kavi and well since its my birthday so Happy Birthday to me and sharing the brownies with all of you. My first attempt came out good but not exact good yet it was finished in 10mins flat. I mailed Kavi and showed her the pic and asked her the correct settings again and this again was my second attempt in another 1hour and believe me the second lot came out yummy soft and delicious. This lot also finished fast and now I am tempted to make a third one again.
Ingredients copied from Kavi post:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (adjust according to taste)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (more or less depending upon how dark you want your brownies to be)
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 4 TBsp oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts ( I used cashewnuts here)
Method from Kavi post:
PREHEAT the oven to 150 C / 300 F
- Sift flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda & salt together.
- Add in oil, yogurt
- Mix well (with a spoon or electric hand mixer) If the mixture is too thick add a few drops of water
- Add in chopped nuts & mix well. (Save about 1 TBSP for topping)
- Butter and line a baking tin
- Pour in the batter
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts all over
- Bake at 150 C / 300 F for 35 – 40 min or until the brownies are done (Test: insert a toothpick / dry spaghetti in the center. If it comes out clean without any wet batter, it is done)
- Let it rest for around 10-20 minutes in the tin. Loosen the edges of the tin with a knife and transfer to a plate.
- Cut and serve once it is completely cool.
The first attempt at brownies came like this.
Not bad for a first timer though and my son couldn't wait so he took some bite before I could take pics.
Final product from second lot which I made was soft and spongy brownies with perfect sugar and cocoa.
No body wanted to wait and it was finished in flat 10mins.
Hope you like this and yes oven settings would vary from oven to oven. Recipe credit goes to Kavi and pics and attempts here are mine.
For me I tasted the batter before putting in oven and first attempt cocoa was more so for second i reduced cocoa and increased sugar.
Though Kavi writes it takes time to bake these but perhaps I had messed with settings or the quantity was still less and my brownies got done in 10 mins. But the taste was yummy and home made and eggless. In second lot I did not add any nuts.
Over to you for your lovely comments. And yes I am still learning basics of baking but seeing this recipe I couldn't resist at all.
Sending this to Indian vegetarian recipes