Sunday, September 09, 2012

Eggless Chocolate brownies..



Hello all! Today  I would share with you something which was my very first attempt at any real baking. Chocolate brownies recipe is taken ,inspired and learnt fine details from Kavi @ Foodomania.



http://chattersmusings.blogspot.com/


Ever since I bought my microwave oven I was inspired and tempted to try out things and this was the first in list to bake a cake. Brownies to me is almost a cake. I am copying the ingredients which Kavi has showed in her post  Nutty chocolate brownies.  Her oven and mine is same so I could try it out and if stuck can seek her help in exact settings. So this post is dedicated to Kavi and well since its my birthday so Happy Birthday to me and sharing the brownies with all of you. My first attempt came out good but not exact good yet it was finished in  10mins flat. I mailed Kavi and showed her the pic and asked her the correct settings again and this again was my second attempt in another 1hour and believe me the second lot came out yummy soft and delicious. This lot also finished fast and now I am tempted to make a third one again.

Ingredients copied from Kavi post:


  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar (adjust according to taste)
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder (more or less depending upon how dark you want your brownies to be)
  • 1/4 cup yogurt
  • 4 TBsp oil
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • a pinch of salt
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts ( I used cashewnuts here)

Method from Kavi post:


PREHEAT the oven to 150 C / 300 F

  •   Sift flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda & salt together.
  •  Add in oil, yogurt
  •  Mix well (with a spoon or electric hand mixer) If the mixture is too thick add a few drops of water
  •  Add in chopped nuts & mix well. (Save about 1 TBSP for topping)
  •  Butter and line a baking tin
  •  Pour in the batter
  •  Sprinkle the chopped nuts all over
  • Bake at 150 C / 300 F for 35 – 40 min or until the brownies are done (Test: insert a toothpick / dry spaghetti in the center. If it comes out clean without any wet batter, it is done)
  •  Let it rest for around 10-20 minutes in the tin. Loosen the edges of the tin with a knife and transfer to a plate.
  • Cut and serve once it is completely cool.

 The first attempt at brownies came like this.  


http://chattersmusings.blogspot.com/

 Not bad for a first timer though and my son couldn't wait so he took some bite before I could take pics. 

http://chattersmusings.blogspot.com/


Final product from second lot which I made was soft and spongy brownies with perfect sugar and cocoa.


http://chattersmusings.blogspot.com/

http://chattersmusings.blogspot.com/


No body wanted to wait and it was finished in flat 10mins. 

Hope you like this and yes oven settings would vary from oven to oven. Recipe credit goes to Kavi and pics and attempts here are mine. 

For me I tasted the batter before putting in oven and first attempt cocoa was more so for second i reduced cocoa and increased sugar.

Though Kavi writes it takes time to bake these but perhaps I had messed with settings or the quantity was still less and my brownies got done in 10 mins.  But the taste was yummy and home made and eggless. In second lot  I did not add any nuts.

Over to you for your lovely comments. And yes I am still learning basics of baking but seeing this recipe I couldn't resist at all. 



Sending this to  Indian vegetarian recipes 









22 comments:

  1. Delicious and mouthwatering cake. Being egg less makes it even healthier.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Meena..
    It is such a satisfactory feeling when you bake for the first time..

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look Yummy!!!! Chalo hamari taraf se ek piece le lijiye with all the good wishes.

    Happy Birthday again. Wish you the best in life always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MEENU :) Wishing you all good health, prosperity and peace :) Wow Meenu you are becoming a super baker nowadays :) Wish I could grab some now!! Such a rocking recipe :)

    Today's Recipe ~ Chettinad Chicken Masala / Dry Chicken Curry
    You Too Can Cook Indian Food Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Bithday Meena!see the similarity we share:)
    nice attempt ..looks nice and delicous..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, good one.. you started trying chocolate cakes as well.. :) good go..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! That looks astonishing!! Eggless too. Bookmarking :)) Why don't you add this to my dinner party??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to you!! :) Wow, I love the second attempt of the brownies! They look better than the 1st! Keep it up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Happy Birthday to you Meena, your brownies looks yummy! Its a good effort for a 1st timer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank u all for the wishes. i still need to perfect those brownies.. and get it right so for first timer not bad hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. belated wishes meena :) awesome cake..

    ReplyDelete
  12. belated birthday wishes...yummy brownies...

    ReplyDelete
  13. yummy brownie meena...n dont worry u tried often it will comes so good dear...
    VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belated wishes dear, the brownies look superb..

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks very delicious and yummy..
    http://www.indiantastyfoodrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday to you and love brownies... great recipe

    Priya
    Cook like Priya

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Meena, thank god, you got back your blog in 40 mins, I had to wait for more than half a day, but at least now we know that something like this can happen, I heard about this back up thing, but I don't know how far that'll help, let's keep our fingers crossed, hoping that this'll not happen again..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Superb chocolate brownie. Love it. Happy to follow you. I am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!!!! YUMMY CAKE. N GREAT ITS EGGLESS TOO. I M DEFINITELY GOING TO TRY IT. NICE POST ON UR B'DAY. BELATED HAPPY B'DAY

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Dear,
    Brownies looks so tempting.
    You can send them to my FIRST EVENT AND GIVEAWAY-SHOW ME YOUR DESSERT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your valuable comments. Each of your comments keeps me motivated to write more.However,please leave your name when you comment as anonymous commentator would remain anonymous and chances are that comment may not be published :)Thank you so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Posts

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites