Monday, October 22, 2012

Kadhai chhole-- a guest post



Hello everyone! Today I introduce you my  seventh guest Gauri Shirke. She is runner girl and why lets hear what she has to say. Gauri has amazing blog and various mouth watering recipes. Check her blog at 
runner girl in the kitchen.


*********************************************************






Greetings from the Runner Girl’s Kitchen:

Before I introduce myself, I would like to thank Meena for being so generous by inviting me to her space and giving me this wonderful opportunity to write a guest-post for her blog.

Who am I and why do I run?

Runner Girl in the Kitchen is about me Gauri, a foodie by nature, an amateur marathon runner, a die hard sports fan who runs to eat! Food has always been a central part of my life. My love for food is inherited from my family; where all occasion were celebrated with food and more food. Born and raised in Pune, I moved to Bangalore post a year of marriage, my quest for a suitable job was never ending, giving me ample of time to develop my passion for cooking and having a foodie husband helped immensely J
All this cooking slowly added up on my waist line where in I soon realized that unless I am fit I cannot continue on this gastronomical journey. With this blog I not only share my love for food and recipes but also try to balance between gourmet cooking, baking, healthy food and exercising!

My First Guest post with a new recipe:

Let me tell you that this is my very First Guest Post, took me some time to figure out what exactly I was going to cook, was it going to be something sweet to celebrate or a finger licking (if I may say so) savory dish.

Finally decided to ditch the sweet for once and make Kadhai Chole, the result was a rich delicious preparation made without onions, perfect with garam garam phulkas or even with soft fluffy rice!!


Without much ado here is the recipe:

Ingredients
Quantity
Boiled chickpeas (white gram)
2 ½ cups
Chopped tomatoes
3 cups
Mince or finely chopped ginger
2 tsp
Garlic paste
3 tsp
Garam Masala
2 tsp ( I used Everest garam masala)
Fenugreek powder (kasoori methi)
1 tsp
Chili Powder
2 tsp
Refined Oil
2 tbsp
Lemon Juice
As per taste
Finely Chopped Coriander
To garnish
Salt
As per taste


Serves: 4
Preparation time: Overnight soaking of chickpeas + 15 minutes preparation time
Cooking time: 20 – 25 minutes


Method:

Soak chickpeas (choley / white gram) over night, next morning drain the water, wash and replenish with fresh water (the water should be enough to cover the choley) and cook in the pressure cooker till tender.

In a kadhai add oil; once it’s hot add the garlic and sauté for a minute add the ginger and sauté again for a minute.

Next add the chopped tomatoes, let them cook on medium – high heat, add chili powder, sauté till the tomatoes cook and fat leaves the masala.

Now add the choley, the garam masala and mix well, cover and cook on slow heat for 5 – 10 minutes.

After 5-10 minutes adjust the seasoning, sprinkle fenugreek powder (kasoori methi), garnish with finely chopped coriander.

Serve hot!




*************************************************************


Thank you Gauri for a wonderful kadhai chhole. Don't you all like this? Awaiting  your lovely feedback





 

21 comments:

  1. Thanks Meena and Gauri for the lovely Kadhai Chole. They would taste wonderful with hot puris !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the kadhai choley recipe .looks tempting and delicious.thanks Meena and Gauri for the wonderful recipe!
    Meena I was not aware of the feed problem ,come to know only after your comment,so reposted today,thanks dear for leting me know about the problem.
    yeah it a typical sindhi bhatia style recipe which I learned from my friends in Dubai:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious....Thanks to meena n gauri for sharing this yummy recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tempting chole... pErfect for chapathis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Meena.. thanks once again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy chatpate chole !
    Thanks for Sharing Gauri.

    ReplyDelete
  7. tht's a very sweet post gauri; hot looking chole too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. chole is really tempting me to try...

    EzCookbook
    Inviting to join Ongoing Event
    Taste Of Tropics - Authentic Indian Platter

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow delicious and tempting recipe,luks yum...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful guest post,congrats to both of you..tempting healthy recipe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy and so delightful chole. Thanks to Gouri and Meena both for sharing this wonderful recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These chole look perfect - spicy and tangy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super flavourful and yummy chole..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummmmm!!!! Great recipe Meena, and a great guest post :p

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delicious and yummy chole recipe. Gauri and Meena thanks for wonderful guest post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. healthy and delicious recipe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice clicks Gauri and really yummy recipe... Thanks Meenu and Gauri :)
    Sweet Corn Coriander Rasam
    You Too Can Cook Indian Food

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your valuable comments. Each of your comments keeps me motivated to write more.However,please leave your name when you comment as anonymous commentator would remain anonymous and chances are that comment may not be published :)Thank you so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Posts

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites