Monday, October 15, 2012

Methi Kadhi-- a guest post


Hello everyone! Today I have my fifth guest Pinky from  ESHO-BOSHO-AAHARE. 
She is sharing a wonderful recipe called Methi kadhi. Well for me its a new dish and I am going to try for sure. How about you? Lets read on in Pinky's words about herself, her blog and her dish. 
******************************************************************

About Me : Hi this is Pinky,a homemaker from Chennai. Cooking Is My Passion. That's the reason I am Here...Instead Of cooking I am Loving to share my recipes.My Origin says, I am From Bengal.So Of course You will Get some Traditional Mouthwatering Recipes from Bengal also. Like Bengali Sweets,Kolkata’s famous Biryani and many more.Besides this I am a mother of 2 years old son. As he is growing now that’s the reason I become very busy rest of the time. Besides this cooking and blogging are my pass time.One more thing I want to share with you that as My blog name(http://eshoboshoaahare.blogspot.in/) is little different, it can  confused  all of you. Do not worry I am telling you its actual meaning is that “Please Come,Take your Seat and Have Foods”. This name belongs to the Bengali lines from one of my favourite poem of Sukumar Roy.Hope you got it.And of course I like to visit other bloggers also. As I come to know other choices of recipes too.Which I tried many times. So a big Thanks to all of My visitors and Friends. Happy Blogging to all of you.Bhalo Theko. That means Take care.

Pinky






Methi Kadhi


Kadhi a traditional dish serves in various ways in all over the India. Kadhi is nothing but a thick gravy of yogurt and besan(chick peas flours). And in this gravy you can add vegetables pakora(fritters) as well as besan pakoras(Chick peas fritters),Okra,potatoes and many more things as you wish in your ways.But taste wise and preparation wise it may differ very little from South to North ,East to West. Preparation is more or less same. It can be served like chilled or hot as your choice. Its very easy to prepare also. I love this kadhi whatever it is.But for this time I made it with Fenugreek leaves (Methi Leaves). It goes nicely with homemade Paratha as well as Roti also.Now For the Upcoming event hosted by Meena I am sharing this recipe. Hope all will Love this.

Take a look on the recipe …



Ingredients :


Methi Leaves ½ bunch

Yogurt 1 cup
Gram flour 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Pure Ghee2tbsp
Cumin seeds ½ tsp
Asafoetida 1pinch
Curry leaves a few
Ginger chopped ½ inch
Green Chillies 2 chopped
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Garam masala Powder 1/2tsp


Method :

Wash Methi leaves and marinade with little salt and turmeric powder for ½ an hour. [The bitterness will go off]

Lets strain the excess water.
Chopped it finely.
Put oil in a Pan , and fry chopped methi leaves for a while.
Whisk the yoghurt with gram flour,turmeric powder,salt.Add little water as you wish.Mix well.
Heat ghee in a pan.Add cumin seeds,asafoetida,curry leaves,ginger and green chillies. Saute for a minute.
Add chilli powder and yoghurt mixture and Mix well.
Add cooked methi Leaves to it and mix well.
Stirring continuously,till the mixture comes to boil.
Simmer for a while.
Sprinkle garam masala Powder and serve chill or hot.





***********************************************************************

Isn't this dish yummy. Do visit Pinky's blog to know more veg  and non veg dishes. Over to you all for lovely comments.









 

13 comments:

  1. Thanks Meena and Pinky for the yummy khadi recipe. Good combination of a vegetable with a curry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is punjabis favorite :-) we love kadhi adding meethi brings an additional flavor in it !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. methi kadhi looks delicious preparation ....

    EzCookbook
    Inviting to join Ongoing Event
    Taste Of Tropics - Authentic Indian Platter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never tried kadhi with methi leaves..will have to wait until I go back to India as we don't get methi here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so good, will try out for sure..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super flavourful and healthy kadhi.Fantastic guest post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Methi kadhi looks delicious Nice to know about Pinky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This a Punjabi delight, wonderfully presented by Pinky. Lovely write up dear as an intro about you. Kudos to Meena and Pinky both.

    Today's recipe:
    http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.com/2012/10/peyaji-kanda-bhajji-onion-fritters.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Meena and All of you... You liked kadhi that makes me Happy.. I Just got some problem with my laptop... so getting irregular hope I will come back soon... So plz consider me.Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your valuable comments. Each of your comments keeps me motivated to write more.However,please leave your name when you comment as anonymous commentator would remain anonymous and chances are that comment may not be published :)Thank you so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Posts

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites