Hello friends! This time I am sharing with you sweet kesariya rice or as we call it in Sindhi language tahiri. Its a common dish in our house. I used to make it on stove top but somehow something never set it right till I made this in my oven. We have it with spicy dal since the rice is sweet. Let me share with you all how I made in oven. And needless to say oven settings would vary from oven to oven.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp kishmish (raisins)
- 1 tbsp blanched almonds
- 1tbsp chopped cashew nuts
- 2 small cardamoms
- A pinch of saffron
- A pinch of edible yellow color
- Clean and wash rice. Soak for 15-20mins.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add soaked rice, 2 cups of water, sugar, ghee , cardamom and edible yellow color. Mix and microwave covered at 100 % power for 11 mins. Stir in between.
- Add saffron, almonds, cashewnuts and raisins. Microwave covered at 60% power for 10mins. Stir in between.
- Allow to stand for 5mins.
- Garnish with fresh fruits or dry fruits of your choice. Serve hot.
Hope you all like it. Over to you for feedback.
Linking this to Minnie' s weekend gala extravaganza
Linked to 60 days to christmas
This is a re post.