Monday, February 11, 2013

Eggless Marble cake..



Hello friends! I know I have not updated my blog for some time as I was not keeping good health. I am still  recovering so for now I share with you this wonderful cake which is inspired and attempted from 
Sharmi's passions.


http://chattersmusings.blogspot.com/

She has absolutely wonderful and yummy recipes. I wanted to try out another cake and sad to say I am still a novice  when it comes to cakes. Sometimes they come out real good and some times it feels as if earthquake has happend in my cakes. But it doesn't compromise on the taste atleast. so that is one positive sign.

Anyways coming to the recipe I can only share with you the final pic of this yummy cake as the first pic did not come out good. Try it and am sure you would love it and however if you want to see step by step, then I suggest seeing sharmi space above to see the look. 

I have taken exact measurements which are in Sharmi's space even then I would write it out.

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cup Maida/APF
  • 3tbsp mik powder or condensed milk (  I used milk powder here)
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup butter ( unsalted)
  • 3/4 cup powdered  sugar
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 2 tbsp hot water.

Method:
Sieve maida with baking powder and soda and keep it aside.  In a bowl, cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. ( I think I did not do this step correctly though) Add milk and mix well.
Add vanilla essence and milk powder and mix well again. Then add the dry maida mix to wet ingredients  to make nice creamy batter. 
Take 1/4 of the  prepared batter add cocoa powder and hot water and mix it nicely. One cocoa batter is ready and other is plain vanilla batter here. 
Preheat the oven to 170 c ( oven settings may vary). Grease and line the baking tin or pan. Pour half the vanilla batter and add few spoons of cocoa batter on top and gently use fork to make any random pattern as it would look like some swirls. Do not over do the mix. Repeat the steps again. First vanilla batter and again cocoa batter and swirls. Bake in oven for  40-45 mins or till the toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. 
For my oven I cover the tin with aluminium foil and keep it covered for  35 mins and last 10mins i remove the foil so it cooks well and even.
Cool down the cake for  10-15 mins then invert on the rack. Cut into desired size and enjoy the marble cake with swirls in between. I must say the sight of the cake with swirls looked lovely.



http://chattersmusings.blogspot.com/


Here after this I tried to attempt icing but failed then I recalled something so I used normal dairy milk cadbury chocolate and melted it using double boiler method and spread it on top as icing. It did not look so good and still messy but the cake itself was yummy.  Do read Sharmi instructions at the bottom of her post to get good results. 


http://chattersmusings.blogspot.com/
 This pic shows you the chocolate icing which I attempted.  

23 comments:

  1. yummy and tempting cake sis:)welcome back:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meenu, hope you u recover now... take care dear n ur cake is looks so well as i seen in Sharmi's space.... very well made dear keep rocking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back..Get well soon Meenaji..
    The marble effect has come out very well..
    Cake looks super yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Meens ...this looks yummy :-)
    Welcome back !! Hope you are ok now ....
    ShrutiRasoi
    Today's Recipe
    Corn and Cucumber Salad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Meena for the yummy cake hope you are feeling much better now and hope to read more recipes on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite cake looks so moist. .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope u recover soon. Beautifully done cake

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful marble cake my fav :) after seeing this i feel like making some

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow softy cake..Looks so good Meenu u have baked it so well!! Looks so soft and moist, so here is another upcoming baker :) Superb!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks yummy Meena. I have never baked a cake - that is my hubby's department, but maybe I'll try your recipe one day ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy super and moist cake...would like to have a piece now. May I?

    ReplyDelete
  12. yummy n moisty cake!!.frst time here..love ur collection..hapi to follow u..glad if u do d same!!

    http://subhieskitchen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. simple and nice softy cake nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. marble cake to die for ,with chocolate icing definite winner

    ReplyDelete
  15. After a long time , Lovely Cake Meena.... hope to try this marble cake.

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you everyone for liking this cake.. yes i m better and still recovering would be fully active soon

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks scrumptiously tasty..
    take care meena...wishing you speedy recovery..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  18. Marble cakes looks so fabulous! Perfect for this valentine's day celebrations!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your valuable comments. Each of your comments keeps me motivated to write more.However,please leave your name when you comment as anonymous commentator would remain anonymous and chances are that comment may not be published :)Thank you so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Posts

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites